Server Based Deployment
Customers can use existing cameras and seamlessly transition to the Prism platform by deploying a server that runs our software.
Edge Based Deployment
As part of Prism Connect, customers can purchase cameras that work with Prism software, enabling data to be processed on the edge and uploaded directly to the cloud.
Software Installation Overview
If you need to install and configure the Prism Edge software for your network, you’ll need:
● An IP video system or VMS with one or more IP cameras.
- A 3rd generation Intel Core i3 powered server or better, with minimum 4GB RAM and 8GB of
- One of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 and above
- A network allowing the Prism Connect server to communicate with relevant IP cameras
- A network allowing Prism Connect to communicate with the Prism cloud service over ports 80 and 443.
- A valid Prism account and user login.
To get started, download the Prism Connect software from the Downloads page in the left-side panel in the Settings tab. In the Downloads page, you’ll see that each operating system has a corresponding download link for the software, and for a step-by-step Prism Install Guide that will walk you through the installation process.
By default, Prism requires communication from the server to the cloud through ports 80 and 443.
Processing Power and Memory Suggestions
We recommend the Intel Core i-series:
- RAM: Prism utilizes an estimated 500 MB of RAM per camera
- Processors: Prism uses an estimated 0.25 cores per camera
- Plan for an extra 0.25 cores for each camera running Advanced Analytics
- Storage: Prism requires 1 GB+