Before you begin, please ensure the following:
- Each store has a dedicated server (Mac mini) with the following requirements:
- macOS 10.9 and above
- i5 or i7 processor with 4GB of RAM
- Only Prism software running on the server
- Server must be up & running 24/7, even when store is closed
- No sleep mode enabled
- Running under administrative user
- Server stored in secure location where it cannot be accidentally switched off or unplugged
- Cable connected to the network (not WiFi)
Software installation: step-by-step
1. Download the Prism Connect Application.
2. The file will show up in your Downloads folder as a zip file containing the Prism Connect software. If your browser doesn’t automatically extract the zip file (Chrome and Firefox), you can do so by double-clicking the downloaded file. Safari will then automatically extract the file.
3. Run the Prism application by double clicking the Prism Connect file.
- Verify that you want to open the Prism Connect application.
- You will be prompted to 'Move to Applications Folder.' Choose this option.
You should then see a dialog box open, which will attempt to connect the install to Prism's service.
5. When asked for a user name, use firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the “Software Installation” email to find your unique password, which you will also enter here.
6. After a few seconds, you should see a "You're connected!" message. This confirms that everything has connected successfully. You can now close this dialog box.
7. Once Prism Connect is running, a Prism icon appears in the Menu Bar at the top of your screen. Click on the white “P” icon and select “Open Prism Preferences” from the dropdown menu.
8. The Account tab should display as successfully connected. Click on the "General" tab and configure the options as shown below. Then close the Preferences window.
9. Click the white “P” icon once more; verify that “Running Normally” is displayed.
10. Open the System Preferences by clicking on the Apple logo in the upper left-hand corner of your screen, and choose "System Preferences.”
11. Choose Users & Groups:
- Click on "Login Items,” and make sure that Prism Connect is listed.
- Click on "Login Options" and make sure that Automatic Login is enabled for the current user.
- In the Energy Saver settings:
- Make sure “Computer Sleep” and “Display Sleep” sliders are both moved all the way to the right to Never.
- Deselect (make sure these are not checked):
* Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible
* Allow power button to put the computer to sleep
* Wake for network accessed
* Start up automatically after a power failure
* Restart automatically if the computer freezes
12. As a final verification step, shutdown the machine and power back on. Without any user interaction, the Prism Connect software should be started upon reboot, as indicated by the white “P” in the Menu Bar. You're all set!